Monday, March 28, 2011

A good day to get stuff done ...

Today I went to work and finished the rest of the 400 boards that had to ship today. I was super happy to get those done. And I think I made my Supervisor happy since I got them done by today's deadline, even after being off work for 1 1/2 weeks. I felt quite proud of myself. And I felt very thankful for those who helped me get those done.

I worked from 8-3pm, then decided it was time to go home. It was time for Jon to pick up Blake from school anyway, so I just had him drop the two of us off at home. I was hurting, and I probably should've taken a second dose of pain reliever at lunch time (I took some Pamprin at breakfast), but I don't want to rely on drugs to help me get through the day.

So I took the drugs when I got home.

After taking a Vicodin and using a heating pad, I started feeling a little bit better. I made the blanket for my Bible Study table leader (I'm SO happy that I finally got it done, since tomorrow is our last night), fed the chickens, checked the mail, made dinner, did some laundry, and as I sat down to dinner, I started crying. I didn't feel like I "overdid it", but I was in pain again. I was happy that I accomplished so much in the last few days, but I was frustrated that my pain was still there.

Poor Blakey. He saw me crying and thought it was because I was sick. He gave me a wonderful hug. I explained to him that I have owies in my body and next month I won't have them anymore. It's like when he bumps his head, and it hurts so he cries, but then the pain eventually goes away.

This didn't seem to help him as he felt like he was going to be sick. I think he was more worried about me more than anything else, and seeing Mom cry is not something that sits well with him. He has such a sensitive heart! But he's fine. Daddy talked him through it, and I had Blake tell Daddy about the games he played on my computer and how he beat all the "robots" on Monopoly. He was super excited talking about that!


Blanket for my Bible Study table leader. She absolutely loves horses, and I thought this would be perfect for her. I hope she likes it!

Close-up of the horses

No comments:

Post a Comment