Blake had his 8 1/2 year check-up today. He did very well with creativity when it came time to answer the Dr's questions:
Dr: "Blake, who do you live with?"
Blake: "Nobody. Just me."
Dr: "Do you have any pets?"
Blake: "5 chickens and a LOT of FISH!!! They just keep having babies and more babies!!" (And then goes on to describe all the fish that we have).
Dr: "Blake, what is your favorite home-cooked meal that your Mom makes?"
Blake: "Meat eggs!" (I am so thankful I just made them this morning ... they are scrambled eggs mixed with Ortega taco sauce sprinkled with shredded cheese ... otherwise I'm sure he would've said chicken nuggets!)
He currently weighs 53.2# (24th Percentile) and is 51.4" tall (51.5th Percentile). Everything went well except ... he failed the vision test. His right eye is 20/100 and his left eye is 20/40. He needs to see an eye doctor.
I was shocked. He's had perfect vision all his life up until now so it really took me by surprise. The sensible part of me (about 10% of my emotions) thought, "This is fine. He'll probably need glasses. We can handle it."
The over-reacting part of me panicked, "Oh. My. God. My child has a tumor."
Blowing-things-out-of-proportion at its finest. Thank goodness for Xanax.
Anyway, his appointment to see the eye doctor is next month. I asked the receptionist if we should wait that long, is this something serious? (Again, over-reacting).
She said, "He's probably fine. Because the weather's been so dry, people's eyes are dry, and when that happens, our vision becomes a little skewed. Some eye drops should help."
Unfortunately, Blake doesn't want anything put into his eyes, so we'll just have to make do until his appointment.
And pray it's not a tumor.
No comments:
Post a Comment