Our neighbors Alan and Alicia, who live between us and Dave (who we got our chickens from), were going away this weekend and asked us if we could watch their 7-year-old yellow lab named Cody. Since Blake and Cody get along so well, Alan thought this would be a great opportunity for Blake. We all know who ends up taking care of animals, but we told them we would watch Cody anyway.
Then those dreaded words left Alan's mouth ... "Oh and by the way, would you like to adopt Cody?"
We're on to these neighbors. New people in the neighborhood, let's pawn our pets off on them.
We politely told him "No, thank you" as we were not about to accept yet another animal to our household. Although Cody is very well trained and very sweet, I do not want a dog. Especially a big one. I felt bad saying no, but we have enough on our plates with our chickens.
And so begins the adventures of Cody and Blake for Memorial Day weekend. I'll post pictures later.
No comments:
Post a Comment