Thursday, March 24, 2011

Waiting on God ...

Another phenomenal Devotional today, and I can't resist posting it here. It really spoke to me about waiting on God, which is something I've been trying to do for not only the last month, but more like the last year. Or even before that, my whole life. I always knew that God has a plan for me, and most of the time, I make decisions (and I write my postings) based on my gut-reaction, which is either emotionally or from my heart. It's rarely ever logical and I don't think "outside of the box" (that's what Jon is for). That's why I have this blog ... not only to get my thoughts and feelings out, but to hear other people's comments and opinions about what I say (good or bad). I've heard a lot of negative feedback recently, and although it's sometimes hurtful for me to hear, it's also good for me to hear. I'm still who I am, who God made me to be. He made me in His image, and although I feel like it sometimes, God doesn't make mistakes. He has a plan for me. All I have to do is wait on Him.

"Your morning begins with a problem. You turn on the shower but no water comes out. In frustration, you pick up the phone to call the repairman. However, when you dial the number, no one answers the phone. Now you have reached your breaking point. But your anger is justified, isn't it? After all, you need a solution to your problem, and you need it right now.

In our fast-paced world, we have become accustomed to receiving messages, money, packages, and answers almost instantaneously. This may be why it is difficult for so many Christians to wait upon the Lord. When we lift our prayers to Him, we often times treat God like the faucet repairman - He should be ready and waiting to fix our problems in a moment's notice.

Though God is always with us through the presence of the Holy Spirit (John 14:16), He answers our prayers in a time frame determined by His divine will and plan for our lives (1 Peter 5:6-7).

Why does He do this? It is not to make our lives more difficult. Instead, it is to encourage us to trust Him and rely upon Him completely. God is faithful to answer our prayers, but His answers come when we are truly ready to receive them.

When you feel anxious about an unwanted prayer, don't give up or get angry. Rather, seek God with a patient heart, and trust His timing."

"I Lift My Soul" by Charles Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment