I knew the time would come when our family would get hit with the flu virus that's floating around.
Yesterday, Blake woke up with a 102.2 degree fever. We knew at that point that he wouldn't be leaving the house until Monday, so no school on Friday, no soccer game on Saturday, and no singing at Church on Sunday. We can't figure out why other families don't keep their kids home when they're sick, instead of spreading this illness around like a wild fire. So we're doing our part not to infect others.
For most of yesterday, Blake's only symptom was the fever. He was eating like normal, drinking like normal, playing, and watching movies only because we told him he needed to settle down and rest. I gave him Motrin every 6 hours and it helped to bring his fever down to low-grade.
Later in the evening, he developed a cough. We gave him Tylenol Multi-Symptom to help with both the cough and the fever, and that seemed to help. He slept really well during the night, and didn't start coughing again until about 7:30am. This morning I gave him more Tylenol and rubbed some Vicks on his chest. He seems to be doing great. Still has a low-grade fever, so he's still staying home from church tomorrow. I'm very thankful that this illness didn't hit him very hard, and that he's doing very well. Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment