Sunday, November 29, 2009

The greatest compliment ...

This morning, I was given the opportunity to speak in front in church. They were looking for Advent readers, basically to read about 1/4 page regarding Advent, read the prayer, then light the candle. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity. Speaking in front of audiences comes very natural to me. Must have been those few years in High School and College when I wanted to be a motivational speaker.

I was super nervous, but I took my time and didn't rush through the words. I did the very best that I could.

After the church service was done, we went to a brief fellowship time with others while enjoying cookies and coffee. One of the older gentlemen in the congregation came up to me. He is someone who I've never met before and told me that I did a good job. I thanked him. Then he said the best compliment I could have ever received ... "Usually I can't hear people when they do the Advent readings, but I heard every word you said."

That was awesome to hear and totally made my morning. You never know when a little compliment will revive someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment