Sunday, September 9, 2012

CMU/MSU football game ...

This weekend, Jon & I headed to Mt Pleasant for a much-needed weekend getaway. We were given free tickets by CMU to see the "big" football game, Michigan State vs. Central Michigan (Jon's alma mater). Not only were the seats in a great spot, but we were also invited to the Presidential Tent before and after the game for food and drinks! 
 
(Before I tell our story, I want to give a big "THANK-YOU!!" to my Mom & Dad for taking care of Blake while we were gone!)
 
Row 2, seats 29 & 30. Aisle seats right behind the 42-yard line!


They had many activities before the game, including this rock climbing wall. I love activities which involve heights so I was pretty excited!
Getting strapped up
 
Up we go!
 
Made it to the top!
 
I convinced Jon to take a turn as well.
 
He climbed it much quicker than I did.

Made it to the top!
 

The Outdoor Discovery Center (from Holland!) was there with some of their animals.
 
They always say to conquer your fears head on. I am terrified of snakes. With my heart pounding, I decided that I would hold a snake.  Even though I'm smiling, I'm completely petrified.

Feeling the snake slither through my hands gave me the heebie jeebies. I'm NEVER holding one again. EVER!
 
We acquired a lot of free stuff!

 
After taking part in the fun activities, it was time to find our seats and get ready for the game.
 
This is Jon's "I'm excited to watch a football game" face!
 
Amazing seats, right behind the Michigan State team!
 
There were 35,000+ fans there, as evident when we looked to our left ...
 
... and looked to our right. LOTS of people!


A huge State fan!

The lights look like flames!

 
CMU's marching band
 
Michigan State's marching band

For more info about the game, here's a link from WoodTV:
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/sports/ncaa_football/no-11-msu-smacks-down-macs-cmu-41-7

No comments:

Post a Comment