Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just a dream ...

(Please note that all the following pictures have been taken from the Internet, by doing Google searches.)

The last week or so (specifically the last few days) have been super hot ... mid-90's. Too hot to remain outdoors, unless we go somewhere like the Splash Pad, or set up sprinklers in the yard.

That got me thinking.

If we had a koi pond outside, and it's hot like this, am I going to be outside enjoying the fish?

Probably not. I'll be inside with the A/C.

So what would entice me to be outside on a hot summer day?

A pool!

Just brainstorming here, but what if we put a pool in our backyard?

 What would it look like?

I really like the rectangular shape much better than a circle one. And the above-ground pool would be considerably cheaper, as long as we built a nice deck around it. (Thank you, Mom, for the idea!)
We could have summer pool parties!!

I think back to my childhood days of when we would go to my Aunt Corine's pool. Our family would all be together, there was lots of food, and we would swim ... and swim ... and swim all day long. At the end of the day, we were relaxed, tired-out, and happy. Those were great times. And I want to re-create memories like these for my son.
I would like the pool off our current deck, if possible. Not sure if this could be feasible. But I also want there to be room around the pool to put tables and lounging chairs for parties.
A slide would be super cool!

I definitely would like a rectangular pool big enough for a volleyball net, and long enough to swim laps if desired.

I really like these stairs too. Reminds me of the pools in Cozumel.

It's all just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment