Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm a GRANDMA!!

After work today, it was time to do another aquarium water change. As I was using a net to catch some loose leaves, I noticed a super small fish, smaller than all the others that we have. And another one.

And another.

We have babies!! Our Mollie was indeed pregnant!!

But of course, there couldn't be just a few of them.

There was a bunch.
This was on one side of the tank. There were a couple more on the other side. I counted 12 total.

Unfortunately, having 12 additional fish puts us over our fish limit for our 29-gal tank. Since we're not planning on getting our next (much larger) tank for quite a while, we need to either give our new babies to a friend or donate them to Petco.

Mollies are known to eat their young, and I'm surprised that she hasn't eaten them yet. I don't expect the babies to remain alive for very long. But having them, even if it's just for today, is still very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment