Monday, May 2, 2011

It's all about the chickens ...

I love our chickens. And now that the weather is nicer, I love being able to sit outside and let them run around. It's so cute to watch them. Yesterday, Blake and I took our chairs and our popsicles and watched the chickens run around. And when they're outside of their pen, they make such happy "cooing" noises. They make me happy and are so much fun to watch!

They saw me coming so they know they're going "outside" for a little bit.
There they go!
"What's this? A dirt area that Daddy dug for us? Yay!!"

(Behind them you'll see black bars. That will be their new pen sometime this summer.)
"Oh, we also have to check out the grass over here by the coop!"
One of the chickens scratching at the grass & dirt.
She's my favorite because of her beautiful colors. I think she has more white on her than the rest. Of course, they all look almost the same.
Doing more digging by the coop.
Good thing we're going to fix our landscaping at some point because it's pretty obvious the chickens don't like it. Notice the wood chips that got kicked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment