Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recovery Update ...

How am I doing with my recovery?

I am doing quite well, thank you for asking! :-) 

Yesterday, I decided that it was time to stop wearing my comfy, one-piece jammies and try some sweatpants with an elastic band. Those would be fine, right?

Oh, I was so wrong.

I guess the elastic band was a little too tight because boy, were my incisions hurting last night and today. So I changed to my scrubs. Those are much better. But I think I'll take a break from making blankets, at least for today. (I started another one this week). Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow. Leaning over is a little painful right now. I'm not whining about it, just telling you what my body feels like.

But I feel great emotionally and I'm super excited to think that at the end of next week, I could FINALLY be driving again. I'll find out at my post-op appt on Weds. (If I didn't have this surgery, I'd be driving on Monday because the 6-month restrictions from my fainting spells would be up!)

Today I had a regularly scheduled appt with my Psychiatrist, and it went really well. She said I have a really positive attitude about life and it appears that I changed after my surgery (maybe the Dr really did take out the negative anxiety??). Anyway, I only have to see her on an as-needed basis from now on. One great step to having a normal life!!

Yay God! Thank you for listening to all the numerous prayers that have been lifted to You! And another thank-you to everyone who has stood by me during this past year. It's been difficult, very difficult, but with the help of my friends and family, I made it through. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment