Just another quick update on my recovery process:
Yesterday was a good day. I took a shower, which felt really good. Prior to the shower, however, I had to take my bandages off my incisions, and I'll be honest ... it looks (and feels) like someone stabbed me four times in my abdomen. There's glue on the incisions, and I'm supposed to keep those dry and bandage-free. And I'm supposed to wear loose clothing, which means it'll be jammie-time for a while. (This also means that because tomorrow is Easter, I'll be wearing my pink bunny jammies. Yes, I really get dressed up for holidays!) :-)
Even though I still have pain with those incisions, I still try to do stuff around the house. I walked around the house for a while, went up and down the stairs very slowly, even did a load of dishes and laundry. I'm doing everything in slow-motion, but I'm getting it done. This will help with the healing process. Do a little bit, rest for awhile. Do a little bit more, rest some more. This morning, I made the boys breakfast tacos. After eating them, I was pretty pooped (and very sore), so it was time to rest. I'm very thankful that the boys were willing to do the dishes (or I should say one was willing to help, the other had to get asked numerous times to help).
So all in all, I'm doing quite well. Thank you for your continued prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment