This weekend was our romantic time away ... and it was wonderful! We were supposed to go away for the whole week while Blake was on Spring Break (and at Grandma's), but because our General Manager went to Florida the same week, we decided that we should at least make an appearance at work. So we took a 1/2 day last Friday and yesterday off work, then we're working today, tomorrow, and 1/2 day on Thursday, then off again on Friday for another "romantic" weekend.
The last time we were without a child for this amount of time was ummmmm..... hmmmm.... before Blake was born 7 years ago. We take weekends away here and there, but this week is very special and valuable to us. So thank you again, Mom & Dad, for taking Blake for the week! You have no idea how much we needed this ... to concentrate on each other as a married couple instead of being "parents".
Anyway, our main focus to go to Chicago was to see the Blue Man Group, as the guitarist, Mike, uses our pedals. We brought him some merch and he and Jon hung out for awhile. I should've taken a picture of him, but completely forgot. He wears glow-in-the-dark face paint during the show (he's not a "Blue Man"), which looked very cool.
I decided to invite my friend Dustin and his wife Keri to go to the show with us, since they live in Chicago. Dustin is a friend of mine from over 15 years ago, and we re-connected on Facebook. Keri and I talked a lot via email and phone calls, so we got to know each other quite well. They are a very fun couple to hang out with, and I'm really looking forward to their visit to Michigan sometime this summer. It's nice that Dustin has a cottage a few blocks away from my parents' house.
I have many pictures of our trip, but for this posting, I'll just post the Blue Man Group ones. We weren't allowed to bring cameras into the show (we actually had to turn our phones off, not just on vibrate!) so I don't have very many pictures. But let me just say that it was an AMAZING show! It wasn't just percussion, which is what I originally thought. They also do comedy, including acts involving random audience members, and they also throw stuff into the audience. Let's just say that the first five rows were supplied with ponchos! (We were the row right behind them). I hadn't laughed that hard in a very long time. I would definitely watch that show again and highly recommend it to others!!
| Jon & I with a Blue Man. This is Jon's happy face. |
| Our friends Dustin and Keri with a Blue Man |
No comments:
Post a Comment