Friday, March 11, 2011

Endometrial Ablation question ...

After my last posting, I was amazed at the amount of phone calls and emails I received wondering why am I not having the Endometrial Ablation. And everyone I've spoken with said it's the best surgery ever and why in the world would we not go this route? Here's why:

1) Everyone who has had it was in their 40's. Of course, this is the ideal time to have this procedure done because menopause is not that far away. I am only in my mid-30's. If I have it now, I will need to have it again in 5 years, maybe again until I reach menopause. It would be nice to only have one surgery.

2) My main pain is in my ovaries, which is not what the Ablation is for. It would be like casting my leg when it's my arm that's broken.

3) I realize that if I decide to have a Hysterectomy with bilateral ovary removal, it would instantly put me into menopause. Hot flashes. Possible weight gain. No more painful periods. I'll be honest and tell you that those would be great things for me. I'm nervous about the hormone part, but I've been irritable for a while now so maybe this will help. Maybe it would help with my anxiety???? Hmmm...

Anyway, I want you to know that I appreciate everyone's "two cents". This is a very important surgery and I'm glad that my friends are willing to share their concerns with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment