Yes, I started driving today. And I am SO thrilled!! But not so thrilled that I give myself an anxiety attack. I'm managing to remain calm.
The story of this new-found freedom began this past weekend. Mom & Dad left for Montana, along with Kim & Jeff. I was put in charge of watching Mom's dog, Nikki, as well as checking their mail and newspaper every day. The plan was to go to their house on Saturday and pick up that stuff. Jon got busy with work, so it got put off until Sunday.
Then Sunday came, and Jon got a fire call. An all-day fire call. We still hadn't picked up my Mom's stuff yet.
Monday rolls around and thank goodness Aunt Jeannette was willing to take me there. The newspaper holder was stuffed.
I decided that it was time for me to take matters into my own hands. It's frustrating having to depend on others to truck me around to get my stuff done. So, with Mom and Jon's cautious permission, I drove her car from her house to ours, about 6 or so miles.
And it was so freeing! I was very cautious, probably overly cautious, but I felt so liberated. I even picked Blake up from school, by myself. When was the last time that happened? Oh yeah, back in May.
I feel great. And I have felt great for the last few days. There were two days in a row that I didn't need any anxiety medicine. I took 1/2 one today only because I didn't want to be "overly excited" with driving.
Everything went well. And I'm so happy!
I'm praying that this continues. And it will.
Celebrating your victory with you!!!
ReplyDelete