Saturday, October 23, 2010

We made it!!

This seemed to be a very quick trip. We left at 3am (MI time) and got into Scobey at 11pm (MI time) the same day. Since there's a two-hour time difference, we got to Grandma's house at 9pm. Very early!!

We had a few very interesting experiences on this trip. The first was a truck/trailer blowing a tire right in front of us. Scared the snot out of us. We had to slam on our brakes and swerve to avoid hitting him.

The second was when we were almost to Scobey, and Mom's dog Nikki got sick. My heart started racing and I started feeling faint. I didn't do my EFT tapping because I don't like to do it in public. I felt completely trapped, as obviously there's no place for me to go in the truck. The only thing I could do was focus on my breathing. Mom said I did well with the episode. Poor Nikki ... she got into Denny and Adam's beef jerky earlier and now she was paying for it. We pulled over, Mom took her outside, let her finish her business, then she seemed fine. Mom had to wash my blanket, her blanket, and her jacket when we got to Grandma's. I couldn't have Nikki sleep on my bed last night because I thought she would be sick again. But tonight I will.

It's nice being here, although I do miss Jon & Blake. Blake has a soccer game this morning and I hope he does well.

This morning, we're having breakfast with Larry at the bowling alley (our usual hangout) and I'll be spending the day with Grandma at her apartment while everyone else goes hunting. Looking forward to seeing her again.

I'll write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment