Thursday, October 7, 2010

One step at a time ...

After I wrote the last post, I have to chuckle at the fact of how many emails and Facebook messages I got from my dear friends. All the emails and messages were the same ... talking about me going on natural herbs or anti-anxiety meds. I'll tell everybody at the same time the same thing:

1) I can't take natural herbs right now because of the types of medications the Drs have me on. I'm in the weaning-off process, and once that's completed, we'll see how I'm doing. If I'm having problems, I might consider going on a natural herb. And don't worry ... I know that by going on them they will mess with my birth control pill. Let me just say that we're doubly covered. :-)

2) I have taken so much anti-anxiety medication over the years that I could consider myself to be a "druggie" (That's a joke, by the way). Seriously though, one of the drugs I'm trying to wean off from is Clonazepam, which is similiar to Xanax. I've been taking both of those this summer and I'd like to not rely on drugs so much.

3) I think I had been depressed over the summer, which I'm sure people can understand and relate. That may be a huge cause of my tiredness. Unfortunately, I can't go on anti-depressants. Some have given me hallucinations. Some have really bad withdrawal symptoms. So they are not an option for me.

So anyway, this is where I'm at. God is in the process of healing my body. I want to thank each one of you for all your constant prayers, uplifting emails and FB messages, and encouraging cards. I value each and every one of you and I'm honored to have you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment