Today, for the first time since the end of May, I ate at a restaurant. It was my Mom & Dad, Jon, Blake, Chuck, our friend Steve, and Blake's friend Ethan who went with me. Secretly, I was celebrating. I wanted to yell out to the world ... "Hey, look at me! I can sit up on a chair, at a table, for more than an hour, and not feel faint!! Take that, anxiety!!"
This is another achievement on my "new life" list as I couldn't go to a restaurant without feeling faint in the past. Now that I think about it, we did go to Russ' a few months ago, but I felt lightheaded and weak during the meal. Since I felt like a "normal" person during today's outing, I'm counting this one as my first.
It was wonderful. Since I'm still on a gluten-free diet, I had to be selective about my menu options. I ordered two over-medium eggs, homemade hashbrowns, three strips of thick bacon, and cherry pepsi. And I ate every last bit on my plate and polished off my glass of pop. And this was my SECOND breakfast of the day! So take that, all those nay-sayers who tell me that I don't eat enough.
So let me just say that I'm overjoyed with my "new" life. No cane. I can take a stand-up shower. And I can eat at a restaurant.
Life is good.
God's faithfulness is even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment