Saturday, October 30, 2010

Learning to draw ...

I decided to teach myself how to draw this week. The drawing classes in Holland are too expensive, so I went to the Scobey drugstore and bought some drawing supplies. Here are my first attempts at drawing:



I realized at this point that my drawings were quite juvenile, so I went to the library and picked up a handful of books. My drawings got a little bit better:

I also picked up a cartoonist book, and these are some of my favorite drawings:


I also started looking in other books to see if I could copy their pictures:

(These are supposed to be peppers, not pumpkins)

My favorite picture!

I really enjoy this new hobby, and I'm hoping that when I get back to Michigan, my Dad can take me to the library to pick up some more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment