Friday, September 10, 2010

House update ...

This week has been a whirlwind of painting, cleaning, and getting things ready for us to move into the new house. Our goal is to start moving stuff from the old house tomorrow. The painting is done, but there's still a few rooms that need deep cleaning yet. We had a few friends help us (thank you so much!) and some more who are coming this weekend. My family has been working really hard too. I don't think my parents really want me out of their house, but they've been working up a sweat at the new house. We're very grateful for them!

Jon's been extremely busy this week with working at the shop and at the new house (and taking care of Blake, and ...) that he didn't have any time to do laundry. He asked me if I would try out the new washer & dryer at the new house and get some laundry done. Would I??? I haven't been able to do my family's laundry in about 3 months, and as wierd as it sounds, I was very excited to do it. After all, I felt great and could walk around the house without my cane. It was going to be a very good day.

While I was putting the 4th load into the dryer, I started feeling it. Oh no ... my heart is racing. My legs are feeling weak. CRAP!!! Hurry, hurry ... get those clothes in the dryer and get to the couch. Right now. I made it just in time to lay down, drink some water, and then my body went completely weak. I didn't have my normal "wet noodle" episode in which my head flops to the side, but I felt a little out of it. I could keep my eyes open, I could talk, but I could tell that my words had slowed way down. After resting on the couch for what seemed like an eternity, I was able to use my cane to walk to the car so my Dad could drive me back to their place.

I feel accomplished that I was able to get some laundry done, but bummed that it wiped me out. Granted, I was standing up while I was folding the laundry, so now I know for next time I'll need to sit down.

Frustrating? Yes, very. But I only have one month to go until we head to Mayo Clinic. I'm really praying that they'll get me all fixed up and back to my "normal self".

No comments:

Post a Comment