Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Sleep Study ...

This is a picture of me having today's Sleep Study test. I should've taken a picture last night, when they had a lot more wires hooked up to me and an oxygen-tube type contraption hooked through my nostrils (it didn't have oxygen flowing through it, and it wasn't a CPAP mask). Then again, I'm glad I didn't take yesterday's picture because I would scare others from having a Sleep Study done. I even scared myself when I looked in the mirror.

Last night went well. Jon & Blake brought me here at 9pm, and I was super tired. I spent all of the day packing up our house, moving furniture around, and etc trying to keep myself awake since I was forbidden to take any naps. We had some friends come over who said they wanted to start renting our house in mid-Sept, which is awesome news (Thank you, God!!), but we have yet to have a closing date on our new house. I'm just praying that everything will work out so that we can get our new house cleaned and painted, so we can move in before our new tenants need to move in to our old house.

Anyway, back to the Sleep Study. It took the technician about an hour to get me all hooked up to the wires. It was fairly easy to fall asleep, but the problem was that my nose tube kept getting loose, so the tech had to come in about 2 or 3 times to adjust it during the night. Since clocks are forbidden in the rooms, I'm guessing the last time the tech came in was around 3:30am, judging by how I saw his watch at that time of night. I couldn't sleep after that, so I just laid there until they woke me up.

I had to take a shower to wash all the electrode gunk off, and that was going to be a challenge. I've been using a shower bench for a few months now, and I didn't bring it with me. But everything worked out fine. I just scrubbed my head very quickly so I didn't have to stand up for too long. I didn't get all the gunk out, which ended up being fine because now there's more gunk in my hair. Earlier it was a gel-type material, now it's paste. And the funny thing is that my tech for today is the same one who put electrodes on my head for my EEG while I was in the hospital. It was nice seeing her again, although I think she was disappointed that the Drs still haven't figured out a diagnosis for me yet. But she said I definitely looked much better now than the last time she saw me.

My room is nice ... it's just like a hotel room. I have my own bathroom, my own TV/VCR/DVD combo, and Wi-Fi (obviously, since I'm writing this in between my tests). The kitchen is down the hall, which contains a lot of snacks and yummy frozen foods. Unfortunately, all that food has gluten in it, so thank goodness I brought my own gluten-free food. I had an awesome surprise this morning while I was eating my breakfast ... my hubby showed up! That was wonderful. He's so supportive throughout all this ... I truly have been blessed with him in my life.

I had my first forced nap this morning, and I couldn't sleep. I think my room was too cold or something. I don't know. I'm hoping by doing computer work and reading for awhile, that'll knock me out. That usually works at home. Or maybe I should put the Matrix on. Three attempts at watching that movie, and I've fallen asleep every time.

I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment