Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1 ... already???

"Learn to trust God. Even if life may not make a lot of sense right now, God has a plan. If you'll let go of those things that didn't work out and choose to stay in faith, then God will take you to where He wants you to be."
- Victoria Osteen

I cannot believe that today is August 1. In just over a month, Blake will be back at school. Where in the world did this summer go? I feel like I didn't take part in any of it. My summer was spent inside the house (the majority of the time), feeling sorry for myself and crying over my situation.

I'm not doing this any more.

Yes, my body may still hurt to the point that I cry. I may still need to walk with a cane. I may still not be able to do the activities that I long to do. I may still not have the energy to do anything but sleep. And above all, I may still be frustrated that my body is not cooperating and the Drs are unable to figure out why.

But one thing I CAN change is my attitude about this situation.

I can focus on what God has planned for my future. My family is moving into a new house. That's a new beginning which I'm really looking forward to. I can no longer look at the past and dwell on all that I've missed in the last few months. I have to look to the future and know that God will heal my body on His own timing.

"We can see things only from our little point of view. God can see the whole picture."
- Carolyn Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment