This was our first year of living Tulip Time to its fullest:

The traditional "take your child's picture next to the tulips". Apparently, EVERYONE who lives in Holland and has a Dutch costume for their child has this done.

Blake smelling the tulips. Someone told us they have no smell, but Blake swears that they do.

More tulips

Such a cute little "Dutch" boy!

Blake & his friend Caden getting ready for the Kinderparade

Caden, Blake, and Jack getting ready for Kinderparade

Mommy & Blake before the parade. Moms weren't required to march with the children, but Blake said he was too scared to march "by himself". So Mommy did the right thing and bought herself a costume to march with him.

Let it be known that I really don't like my Dutch costume. My dream is to one day wear a Dutch boy costume (and be a Dutch dancer, but that's a completely different story). Because it was such short notice that we were required to march, I basically bought the first costume I found. It's way too big on me and I have to use many safety pins for it. So, if you're reading this blog, and you would like my costume, please email me and we'll work something out. :-)

Cute little Dutch boy eating a popsicle after the parade
No comments:
Post a Comment