Last night, softball season began. It was my first game of our Central Wesleyan women's team, a.k.a. the "Animaniacs". Although we lost 4-13, we had a fun time.I did encounter a few challenges. Every inning I was put in a different position, so that took a little bit to get used to. I started out in Left Center, then moved to Left Field, 3rd base, Short Stop, then back out to Left Field. Although I enjoyed the flexibility of changing positions so often, it messed with my brain a little bit.
My times at 3rd base and Short Stop were my most challenging. I wasn't catching the grounders like I should've. I've never played SS before in my life, so my nerves got the best of me. Unfortunately, every time I missed a ball or made a bad play, I got dirty looks from our pitcher, which in turn messed with my confidence level. By the end of the game, I felt so down by how she made me feel, that I totally questioned why I was on the team. I spoke with my coach about it after the game. Apparently, this pitcher quit at the beginning of the season, but since they were so desperate for players, they called her back to play this one game. I have to remember that maybe she wasn't mad at me, she was possibly mad that she had to play in the first place.
Our game was supposed to have started at 8:30pm, but since they were running behind, we didn't get started until almost 9pm. Therefore, I didn't get home until 10:30pm. Way past my bedtime, but well worth it if I'm playing softball.
I'm also an Assistant Coach for our Bethany CRC co-ed team on Friday nights. I thought I would post the schedules for both teams, just in case you decide to come out and cheer us on. All these games are held at Helder Park, which is on 104th off Quincy St.
Fri May 21 8:30pm Helder East
Tues May 25 7:30pm Helder East
Fri May 28 6:30pm Helder West
Tues June 1 6:30pm Helder East
Fri June 4 8:30pm Helder East
Tues June 8 6:30pm Helder West
Tues June 22 7:30pm Helder West
Fri June 25 6:30pm Helder East
Tues June 29 6:30pm Helder West
Fri July 2 6:30pm Helder East
Fri July 9 7:30pm Helder East
Fri July 16 6:30pm Helder West
Tues July 20 8:30pm Helder West
Fri July 23 8:30pm Helder West
Tues July 27 6:30pm Helder East
This will be a great summer, and I'm really looking forward to playing in all these games.
No comments:
Post a Comment