Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My shopping excursion ...

Yesterday, I took one of the Dorcas ladies with me to the RiverTown Crossings mall in Grandville. I haven't been there in a coon's age, and thought it would be fun to take an elderly friend who also has not been shopping in a while. She doesn't drive, and her husband is starting to lose his ability to drive as well. So, of course, I pounced on the idea of taking her with me.

Her name is Janet and it was fun walking around the mall, getting to know her. She told me all about her family, her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids. Her and her husband have been married for 66 years! She also told me about life during the Depression Years. I love hearing these stories. It's much better than reading it out of history books.

We found some fantastic deals at Younkers, where there were numerous racks with 75% off tags. I bought a striped green shirt and green fleece vest for dirt cheap, as well as a green purse. I'm very excited about my new purchases and I'm following my new rule ... bring something new into the house, get rid of something old (or unloved, or not worn in forever). Janet also found a great deal on a blouse, so she was quite excited as well. We had a great time shopping, and I hope that one day we can get together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment