Saturday, September 19, 2009

A wake-up call ...

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29

It's been a rough week. A very rough week. Jon's gone for 2 weeks to Fire Investigation School and pretty much all heck broke loose in my life.

Misunderstandings between our employees and myself, name-calling, hurt feelings, incomplete work ... it all rolled up into one big mess. And I handled things not very ideally. I didn't seek God this week. I wanted to handle this on my own. I had forgotten about Him. And now Saturday's here, and I feel like God's so far away, even though He never moved. It was I that had moved.

I need a new beginning. I need to patch things up with our employees, so we can all strive towards the end goal ... to have a successful company. I need to let God take over as I cannot do this on my own.

"My Heavenly Father ...

You are an amazing God. You are always there for us, through the good times and bad, when we seek you first in our lives, and when we don't. You are the solid rock, who never falters, and who never goes anywhere.

I need you right now, Lord. I'm asking You to take this burden that is so heavy on me, and remove it. Take it away. Please help me to be the best person I can be for you. Help me to set an example for others. I am so sorry that I didn't seek you first when I was overwhelmed with stress. Life is so much easier when You lead me.

Thank you so much for being there for me. Thank you for loving me the way that you do. You are awesome.

Through Jesus' Name, I pray ... Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment