Well, we made it. Blake's first and second days of Kindergarten. He seems to like it a lot, but hasn't caught on to the fact that he will be going to Vanderbilt every day for a long time. He just thought it was for a few days, like Science Camp at Hope College. He likes his teacher, he's learning Spanish, and is making some new friends. The school work is a little too easy for him at the moment, but hopefully the teacher will see that and give him harder work very soon.
I think we have our morning routine set; we've been able to drop Blake off on time in the morning, and pick him up on time in the afternoon. We had one minor hiccup today, though. I went to pick him up, walked him out to the car, and realized that we didn't have a car seat. We drove in Daddy's truck in the morning, and forgot to transfer the car seat over. (We do have another one, but forgot that one too). So my Mom came and rescued us, as there was absolutely no way I was driving around without Blake buckled in a car seat. She's a Saint for all the times she's helped us in our crisis moments. Thanks for always being there for us, Mom! :-D
On a different note, as I mentioned before, I plan to get "fully involved" at Blake's school. But with all the stress from work, it wasn't looking possible. My position consisted of being there all day, planning other people's schedules, working with the inventory, and doing other projects that were completely stressing me out. That, on top of figuring out Blake's school schedule and such, caused me to cry quite frequently in the last few weeks.
So, my wonderful husband/boss made a few changes, and had someone else take over the role of Production Supervisor. I cannot tell you how much weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I never knew how completely stressful it was for me to work in that position. I am a follower, not a leader. I work best if other people tell me what to do. Telling others what to do, making sure they do it correctly, and being a go-to person was tearing me apart. I now know that leadership is definitely NOT one of my strong suits.
Instead, I am "Jonny's little helper", or as I call it, "Jon's Cute Little Assistant". I'll be doing the shipping and receiving (which I love), as well as following Jon around and doing whatever he asks me to do ... run to Menards and get this ... go get a resistor ... get me some water ... things like that. Less stress. More availability for Blake and his school.
And being there for my child is what Mommyhood is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment