I bought the ankle brace, and walked around with that and my post-op boot all day today. No crutches. My foot felt pretty good - it didn't hurt at all on the bottom, but I did have pain on the sides and top of my foot. I think walking on it helps, although by the end of the day, I did need to take a pain reliever. My foot felt like it had a migraine and was super tired. I know that sounds odd, because feet don't have migraines. But that's the best way to describe the pain.
The wierd thing about being on the crutches is that I felt truly bummed. I didn't feel like accomplishing anything, even though I have a lot to do. Vacation Bible School starts on Monday, and I barely have the games assembled. While I was on crutches, I didn't even want to think about it. Even more, I wanted to sweep it all under the carpet and forget that I even signed up for VBS. That's how bummed out I felt. It definitely gives me a greater appreciation for those who are in wheelchairs.
Now that I don't need the crutches (thanks to my hubby), I feel like I have a whole new outlook on "life". I'm very excited to start assembling the stuff I need for VBS. I'm more motivated. Quite bizarre.
But still no softball for me for at least another couple weeks. I'll just have to cheer them on from the sidelines. Go, team, Go!
No comments:
Post a Comment