We lost our softball game tonight, 5-18.
One of these days, we'll get our act together. The infield did great; I caught a pop fly and tagged someone out at 2nd, my husband caught an out while doing the splits on 1st, and a couple of double plays were made as a team. But no offense, but I think the outfield needs some practice. Seems like every ball went over their heads and the other team got more runs than they should've. And they also didn't know how to throw to their cut-off person. It was rough.
The real kicker was when the umpire was favoring the other team. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose, but he definitely needed to brush up on the rules of softball. Usually, when a male batter gets walked, the female right behind him walks too. However, when a team is up by 10 runs, only the male batter can walk, and the female has to hit. With the bases loaded, the male hitter walked, and the umpire called for the female to walk too. This happened twice. Four runs for their team. We disputed it, but what's done is done.
While I was at 2nd, a runner from the other team asked me what our record was. I laughed and said that we basically play for fun. Seriously though, a lot of people on our team have never played before, and our coaches never really coached before. It's very easy for the more advanced players to get discouraged, but we have to remind ourselves that this is still a ministry. We were all beginners at one time too.
No comments:
Post a Comment