Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kindergarten ... Here we come!!

Tonight we went to Vanderbilt Charter Academy to meet Blake's new Kindergarten teacher and see his future room. Blake loved it! He received a new t-shirt that says "Kindergarten Bound 2009" on the front, and "College Bound 2022" on the back. That seems so far away, but yet, I know that time will be here before I know it!

His Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Faga, is very nice. I gave her the letter that Miss Angie from Toddlerville (Blake's Preschool/Daycare) wrote, and I will get that posted on the blog very soon. Mrs. Faga was very appreciative of the letter, as she likes to get to know each child before school starts in September. I also mentioned to her that if she ever needs any supplies for her classroom, to please let me know. I love (LOVE!!) donating supplies to Blake's classrooms, because I know how hard it can be for teachers who need basic supplies, but there isn't any money in the budget. She was super excited about that, as she said it's always hard to ask parents for help. She said that she sometimes feels like she's bugging parents. I told her not to worry about bugging me as I'm more than happy & willing to help.

We got home and as I was giving Blake a tubby, I asked him what he thought of his new teacher. His words were ... "She's beautiful!"

It's going to be a GREAT year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment