Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poor Bobby ...

There are some disadvantages of letting Bob go outside. One in particular is that we'll ... ummm... forget about him.

Last night, we got home about 11:30pm, and Bobby wanted to go outside for a bit. I opened our outer door a crack, and closed our inner wooden door to the kitchen. That way, he can either hang out in the entryway or play outside. He seems to love this arrangement. It's awfully cute too, because he'll be brave and go a little bit further outside every time. A car will go by, scare him, and he'll run back into the entryway. It's a vicious, but yet very funny, cycle.

So, about 20 or so minutes later, I checked up on Bob. He didn't seem like he wanted to come inside, so I let him stay out there. I went about my nightly routine, and then got into bed. Jon came home around 12:30am and went to bed. Usually Bob comes onto our bed at that time, but he was nowhere. Hmmm...

I asked Jon if he had seen Bobby. He hadn't. I asked Jon if the back door was open when he got home. He said Yes. Oh crap. Bobby's still outside.

Sure enough, we went downstairs and could hear very loud meowing at the door. Oops, sorry Bob. Didn't mean to forget about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment