We were hoping to have nice weather for our practice, but no, this is Michigan. The weather changes from absolutely beautiful and not needing a jacket (Saturday & Sunday), to freezing cold on Monday night. I had on a short-sleeved t-shirt, a long-sleeved t-shirt, 2 sweatshirts, and a fleece vest. This was in addition to my long underwear and ear band. It was crazy cold, and we were crazy to be out there. But I have to say, we did have a lot of fun.
I decided this year to play a different position. All my life (High School, College, and Adulthood), I've always played Left Field. That was MY position. I loved it there. I had always been scared of getting hit by the ball, that's why I never wanted to play infield. I decided the only way to get over my fears is to experience them firsthand. It's not easy, especially for a certain particular fear of mine. But I thought maybe, just maybe, I could play infield this time.
I decided to try out 2nd base and see what that was about. I was completely shocked when I discovered that I LOVE it! I really do! I caught a few fly balls at that position and got a few people out. I guess the trick is to be paying attention CONSTANTLY so you don't get beaned in the head with the ball.
This practice was a great opportunity for my to try out my new softball gear. I purchased the following from MC Sports on Saturday:
Yes, I got a purple softball glove. I've always had black, and I decided to get a "pretty" color this time.
Pink batting gloves?? Sure, why not? Something different. Again, I didn't want black. Pink goes with purple, right?
And my black cleats. Unfortunately, because I needed a 3/4" high top, my options were somewhat limited. Had to go with a Men's shoes, and it's super comfortable.I also bought softball pants and slider shorts, but you'll have to wait to see those when our games start! Wish us luck! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment